Skip to main content

Apply for the free (or nearly free) bus card in Nantes

This morning I went to the hall of city of Nantes to apply for my bus card, which made me feel a little confused, part from my poor French, part from the procedure. After my application, I decided to write it down and hoped it can help more anglophone people living in Nantes.


Who can apply? 

Those who is older than 26 years old, and who must have an attestation with your family members and family quotient on it.

For those people whose age is between 25 and 26, if you are independent from your family, I mean only your name is on the CAF attestation, you can apply for the card. But according to my friends, only the mairie de nantes I went will accept your application. I suggest you give a call or pay a visit there by yourself.

More details here.

Those who is under 25, you need to apply with your tax notice, and I don't have more information about it. Check here.

What documents you should take with? 

  • Passport:   You don't need to copy the passport, the staff only need to ensure your name and your nationality. 
  • A photo of you:  It should be clear and the size doesn't matter(1 inch or 2 inches). Because the staff will scan and resize it. 
  • CAF attestation:  With your family quotient and family members. Must be printed. If your family quotient is higher than 600 euros, you don't need to apply, because this policy is only for the families who has lower incomes. And the discount varies with the quotient:
    • 0-350 euros:  free
    • 350-500 euros: -90%,  for me it's 61.5 euros per year
    • 500-600 euros: -70% to -50%
      • Notice the policy may change when you apply.
  • IBAN: The staff needs you bank account to pay for the card. You don't need to print the IBAN, you can just show the pdf file on your phone. 
  • A certification of your address.  For me it's a copy of my contract to rent my room. And make sure the address on the contract should be same with the CAF attestation. This file should be print out, and will be scanned by the staff. 
  • A phone number and an email address.  I wrote it on my phone. Whenever some officials or want to know it, I just show them this. 

Where should I go? 

The address of the city hall is 

Mairie Centrale de Nantes
29 Rue de Strasbourg, 44000 Nantes

opens on
Monday 8AM–7PM
Tuesday to Friday  9AM–5:30PM
Saturday 9AM–12PM (yes they open on Saturday morning, so you don't need to ask for absence from your boss) 



BUT, the front door of this address was closed now. When I went there, I was told to enter the mairie via a side entrance, showed below. 


At this gate there are two or three guards, and they will ask you what is your purpose then tell you the route, of course in French. If you are not very good at French, you can just say " Carte de bus", and enter. 

Then enter the gate,  and go ahead to a very small door. 
Or look at this: 



Enter this building, at the zeroth floor (or first floor in other countries), turn left, you will find a door after which a staff will ask your purpose, and give you a number like in the bank or hospital. When your number is called, you can enter and find the counter for you. 

How can I do my application then? 

You just give your documentations I wrote to the staff, and answer some questions if you can.  Most of the staffs can speak English, not very good, but enough. Trust me, they are very friendly. So, be patient and nice. The application may take you up to 20 minutes if you enjoy chatting with a friendly French official. 

Something to know about the card.

  • You should sign a document that says you agree to allow the TAN to deduct the expense of your card. The city hall staffs will send it to TAN.  And the first time Tan do the deduction is on 5th Feb, so keep you bank card available. 
  • The card will send to your mailbox via a letter, in 8-10 days. So remember to check your mailbox. 
  • If you lost you card, you need to pay 10 euros to TAN to replace your card. I don't know how, because I haven't met it. You can find more information here.
  • After one year and each year, you need to renew you card at the city hall. The purpose is to renew your family quotient in order to update your income situation. So remember to download a new attestation from CAF. 
  • The valid date of the card is ten years, after ten years you need to apply for it again. 


This article is written on 14 Dec, 2019, the real situation may be different if you read it several years later. And according to my friend, there are several places to apply for the card, every place is available. 

Updated: 17 dec 2019, I got my card via mail in only 3 days, with a sunday inside, a really quick action in France. But according to a document attached with the card, the card is not valid until 1st jan 2020. It's really strange when I remember the staff told me I can use it once I got it, and more strange when I read that the expire date of the card is 16 dec 2020. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

全军尽墨

今天《宰执天下》又更新了一章,其中提到"全军尽墨"这个词,我不能理解,于是谷歌之,得其解释如下。 一,古时军败,俘虏皆施墨刑,曰"全军尽墨"。 原文在 此 ,我只摘取关键部分来说明。 四、墨刑,往脸上刺字并染墨。 《康熙字典》义项: "又五刑之一,凿其额,涅以墨书。《书・伊训》:臣下不匡其刑墨。" 此条《故训汇纂》集释甚多,此处举隅一二: "《玉篇・土部》:墨,古罪墨刑。 "《汉书・刑法志》:墨,黥也。凿其额以墨涅之。" 墨刑与黥刑大体一致,均指在罪人额上刺字染墨。但在商周时期称为"墨",其后称为"黥"。根据此意推测,全军尽墨,乃是全军做了俘虏,脸上刺字充作奴隶作苦工去也。这也正好符合"全军覆没"的意思。 需要特别感谢的是张远山先生,我在陷入"墨"的各种义项中不能明确判断时,远山先生指教曰:"俘之,然后黥之(墨面),使成役徒。"全军尽墨之"墨"义遂明。 文中还提到墨字的诸多意义和出处,大多不符合"全军尽墨"的语境,唯有墨刑的含义稍通。 通家大多认为此说不合,因为没有典籍的支持。墨刑在中国流行的时间很长,直到光绪三十二年才废,但若说才子们到了民国才想起来把这件事入典,我觉得不可信。 二,墨通殁。 此说见 此 。 最后来看看"全军尽墨",这些天前世劫灰兄在问这个词,baiyu兄转发的博文应该说把所有相关资料都一网打尽,可惜却倾向于一种错误的解释: 需要特别感谢的是张远山先生,我在陷入"墨"的各种义项中不能明确判断时,远山先生指教曰:"俘之,然后黥之(墨面),使成役徒。"全军尽墨之"墨"义遂明。 这种解释的错误,前世劫灰兄说得很明白: 2.墨刑甚古,如此 尽墨 当是古语,而非新语。颇自相矛盾。 那么正确的解释是什么呢? 就是最简单的通假——墨通殁,尽墨即尽殁,所以全军尽墨即全军覆没。 至十月,正芳督筸兵千余援雒南,战败,及部将张上选皆死焉,一军尽殁将士不食已一日...

艾利希・冯・丹尼肯为什么是错的

        艾利希・冯・丹尼肯 是 《 诸神的战车?未解之谜 》的作者,主张外星人存在且在人类的历史中留下过遗迹,并亲身前往全球各地寻找证据,以证实自己的观点。         维基百科的页面里列举了两个例子,但是都具有一个天大的缺点,下面我来说一下,为什么这两个例子是有漏洞的。 1, 萨卡拉鸟 【1898年在埃及萨卡拉一处坟墓发现,被艾利希・冯・丹尼肯等 外星生物创造论 支持者当成古埃及有飞机与古代太空人的证据。】         这只鸟的外形像不像飞机姑且另说,但是仅仅从工艺落后的角度来看,把一片木头削平之后钉到鸟形雕刻的身上这样的操作,是不是比雕刻出展翅飞翔的真实的鸟更容易呢?尤其是鸟的飞翔姿态千变万化,有翅膀扇动极快的蜂鸟(埃及没有),也有在天空中滑翔、翅膀展开不动的鹰(埃及有),埃及工匠是不是更倾向于用一片平木来展现鸟的飞翔呢?         当然,这个例子的最大问题并不在于这个解释的牵强,因为无论多牵强的解释,信的人依然会信,不信的人永远不信。它的最大问题在于这个例子的时效性。我结合下面一个例子来说明。 2, 【 丹达腊之灯 ,艾利希・冯・丹尼肯认为这就是古埃及人就有电灯的证据。】         这个"证据"有多牵强我不说,从图片上也能看出来,但是结合上一个例子,它依然涉及到时效性的问题。       请问大 家,从艾利希发表《诸神的战车?未解之谜》(1968年)向前推算,距离发明飞机(1911年)多久?距离发明电灯(1878年)多久?如果我们根据现有证据估计未来科技的发展,可以确定单翼小型飞机和电灯泡肯定会在几十年内消失。那么单翼飞机和电灯泡在人类历史中起作用的时间也就是一百年上下,与人类历史相比来说极为短暂。既然这两样东西在人类历史中的存在时间如此之短,那么可以想见后来的考古者或许根本没有机会在人类文明的废墟中发现这两样产品。举个例子理解一下:古埃及的石刻艺术相当发达,可以想见当时有多种多样的石刻工具,但是能够留存至今的有几样...

哈工大的校名是由谁题词的?

哈工大的校名是由谁题词的? 部分人认为是由毛泽东的题词“哈尔滨铁路局”和“工业学大庆”集字而来的,但根据观海听涛论坛的饮溪考证,这是不真实的。请问如下图中的“哈尔滨工业大学”七字是由谁题词的? 饮溪原帖: 哈尔滨工业大学校名是谁写的? 线索: 1,天津工业大学的校名中“工业大学”四个字与哈工大的“工业大学”四个字字体一致。 2,“工业学大庆,农业学大寨,全国学人民解放军”运动是在毛在1963年所发布的一项指示中所提出的。 而在哈工大提供的老照片中,有“1957年苏联专家回国前合影”一照,其中就出现了目前所知的哈尔滨工业大学的字体。 因此,“大学”之“学”字,并非出自毛的指示,更不要说我翻遍网络也没有见到毛的“工业学大庆”题词。 哈工大老照片 3,哈工大的当前校名“哈尔滨工业大学”是由前校长铃木正雄在任期间所改定,由1938年1月1日起实行。而张学良在1933年热河战役失利后退出东北地区,继以1937年12月12日发动西安事变之后数十年,一直为蒋介石所软禁,因此不可能有机会为哈尔滨工业大学题词。 4,哈尔滨铁路局的名称不是毛的题词,铁路局大院里倒是有个“打不到车的毛泽东”雕像,但是并没有所谓题词悬挂在墙上。